Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lets Pretend This Never Happened.

I've been reading the Bloggess for years, and while I always got a kick out of her posts, it was the idea of tormenting her husband with a Giant Metal Chicken I could get behind. Anyone in a relationship longer than a few years can get behind that, since we all have our Giant Metal Chickens. 

Jenny is basically who I want to be when I grow up - no, really. That's a little terrifying, but it's true. 

I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of her book. Basically the best review I can give this book, is that as a librarian I'm pretty much giddy with excitement waiting for the things people will come tell me after they've read this book. From the (boring) I loved that it was an honest look at mental illness and survival (very true) to the (no seriously I can not wait) YOU LET MY CHILD READ THIS AND NOW THEY WANT A DEAD SQUIRREL PUPPET and THIS BOOK IS BLASPHEMY AND READING IT KILLS PUPPIES AND KITTENS.

I pretty much giggled in excitement when I found out I was getting the advance copy, and then waited not really patiently to get my copy and then it came and I was away and that basically destroyed me and there was a 3 day long emotional trauma period. Anyways. I finally got to my copy and it was everything I wanted it to be. Heart-breakingly (also, it tries to auto-correct breakingly to lawbreaking. Fitting) wonderful, actually laugh out loud funny (not just LOL'd) and hands down one of my favourite memoirs and books out there.Go. Buy it. As soon as you can. I might buy it again so I can see the pictures. But then, I kind of loved that they were blurry (they were blurry because it wasn't a final copy.) (though really, they should always be blurry I think.) (it adds to the MYSTERY). But I'm weird.

The book comes out April 17, and is pretty much available everywhere.

2 comments:

Jenny, Bloggess said...

You just made my whole day!

Kate said...

Now, you made my day. Circle of Life (blogging?) yo.