Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Keeping it Real

School got a tad... intense a bit out of nowhere (Masters are hard. Who knew?) So I decided to copy Kaye's idea and give you some fun, random facts about me! Other then the fact that Kaye and I are occasionally freakishly similar, here are some random things to distract me from yet ANOTHER paper!

I don't love sugar - given the choice I will always chose savory unless it's certain types of fruit or dark chocolate. Growing up I didn't have much candy, unless you count Pepsi, and to this day I will rarely buy it for myself unless prompted. Unless it's Coke or Nestea - soda is my fatal flaw! Yes, I call it soda. Not pop, soda.

I have lots of books. Like... lots. Here are a fraction of the bookshelves, they line over a wall of our bedroom. This is a terrible picture, I'll try to get a better one. I absolutely love to read and currently have 5 books on the go. Maybe after classes I'll finally get to finish!

I also love mindless books. Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror and Mysteries all are right beside books I'm reading on how to reference, biographies and amazing fiction and other non-fiction. I'll also read books over and over, it's how I calm myself down and relax.

One of the biggest sacrifices we've made living in Toronto is that a fair bit of our book collection is stored away in boxes due to lack of space. We is Beau and I - that's right. My beau's name is Beau. Really.

Speaking of loving to read, I'm currently going to library school, but I don't want to be a librarian. I want to build information infrastructure internationally, and am terrified and thrilled at the possibilities my degree offers me.

I'm partially deaf in both ears. I worked as a stage manager for four years through university. Because I was too lazy/broke to buy proper earplugs, I have mild hearing damage in both ears. So I'm not ignoring you, I probably just didn't hear you!

I love stuffed animals. I don't know why. But I really really do.

I love food, and cooking. I was raised around cooking, and it's what I do to relax. A good indicator of my stress is how much I've spent on food for a month. Alternately, when I'm extremely stressed I'll cook, but completely forget to eat.

I am extremely sarcastic, and generally feel people take life too seriously. I'll laugh at a lot of things a lot of people don't find funny, like falling. I'm not making fun of you, if it's funny it's funny. I also fall a lot, usually over nothing, and am the first one to laugh at myself for hurting myself in hilariously stupid ways.

No comments: